Apleona HSG Facility Management UK is proud to announce that it has formally committed to being a Disability Confident Employer.
A UK Government Department for Work and Pensions initiative, Disability Confident supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace. The scheme aims to help organisations successfully recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
Disability Confident is entirely voluntary and was developed by representatives of employers and disabled people to make it rigorous but easily accessible.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, Apleona is formally committed to:
- ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Jane Podmore, Apleona HR Director (UK & Ireland), said: “Apleona’s company strapline is Realising Potential and that represents exactly what we hope to help people achieve through being a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
“We are proud to make this promise and we look forward to working with Disability Confident to recruit, retain and develop disabled people.”